Friday, July 21, 2006

Conflict Resolution

Alien and Ignoramus

“So what have you thought, Ignoramus?”

“Alas Al. I can’t think of anything. All I can see is the war between Israel and Hezbollah, the messy conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan, conflict brewing around Iran and North Korea, bomb explosions in trains, markets, places of worship and daily dose of minor conflicts.

Can’t you fix this Al?”

“How can I solve your conflicts?

You have to solve them. Each one of you has to get involved, think, act. You can not pass the responsibility to others.

You need to overcome you insecurities. Earth has abundant resources. You just need to manage them better.

You say that you respect and protect all life, yet you go ahead and kill thousands in war.

You need to understand that each one of you is unique, each one precious. Each one of you is on planet Earth for a while and will contribute to life in a unique way. Each one needs to be cared for and respected. Each one is important.

You need to understand each other better, people and groups.”

“Al I have an idea! What if Israelis became Hezbollah and Hezbollah became Israelis?”

“Trust you to come up with such ideas.”

“If people in conflict could exchange persona, they would have a clear understanding of each others’ problems.”

“You know you can’t exchange persona.”

“But you can! I have seen you Al. One moment you are talking to me and the next moment you are on the wall, a lizard chatting away with your lizard friends and then in the garden, a rose nodding with other roses. I know it is you because of that strange blue glow that you have.”

“Alright, I change my form, but I don’t change my persona.”

“I am sure you can. Please Al, teach us this technique. We need it so! Please let us try. Let us exchange our persona.”

“Ignoramus you won’t be able to handle my persona.”

“And you would not like to be Ignoramus!”

“It is not that. You may find it very painful.”

“I don’t mind. Please, please please!!!!!”

“Ok, but just for a day. At the end of one Earth day you will be back in your own self.”

“Fine, yes, great!!!!!!!”

The Alien uses some powers and they exchange persona.

May Lord have mercy upon them and all of us for I really don’t know what these two characters will do.